Who is God to you?

 

As I said last time I heard of a little girl who wrote to God.

She wrote:

Dear Lord,

My Sunday school teachers have being teaching me about all the good things you do but I want to ask you a question, who does all these when you are on vacation?

 


Well this kind of gingered me to ask the kids I met who God was. I wanted to capture their views and understanding on whom God is.



So here we go; and you are not permitted to laugh oh…*wink*

Kishi a 2 year old said God is my Father in heaven.

Tolu a 4 year old said God is Jesus.

Demi a 3 year old also said God is his father in heaven

Ife a 4 year old also said God is Jesus

Firekanmi a 3 year old said God is God

Morife a 5 year old said God is a powerful person that lives up the sky.

Eve an 8 year old said God is the one who created the Heavens and Earth and he is the son of God.

Emmanuela a 9year old said God is my creator, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and whenever you offend him, once you ask for forgiveness, he forgives you.

Olujide a 13 year old said God is our superior

Heritage a 13 year old said God is Every…as in every

Caleb a 13 year old says God is a supreme being

Temilomo a 16 year old said God is my heavenly father

Esther a 17 year old said God is everything to me.

Idowu a 12 year old said God is my helper

Ayomide a 12 years old, said God is my heavenly father

Heritage an 8 year old said he is our heavenly father

Well, that is it. One person that got my attention was Idowu the 12 year old who said God was His Helper. I went shopping with a friend of mine and he walked in to get something. So we asked him “who is God to you?”, without blinking, thinking or flinching he said with such confidence “God is my helper”.  




It's obvious that the older kids get the better their understanding of God is. Well consistent exposure from childhood will help them a great deal. It's up to me and you.

Father’s day is around the corner….see you then.

Yspot!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)