The Busy-Me-Syndrome


The Busy-Me-Syndrome!!!

 

I have been so crazily busy over the past month that at the moment I’m so aching for a vacation *soon I hope*. So many things to do; it takes wisdom to balance it all up.  Thank God for his help though.

   

You know it’s so easy to get busy doing things that your life just keeps slipping away from your hands without you knowing. You barely remember the time, the day, the date, friend’s birthdays and other details, even God and the Bible gets little of your attention. But it’s up to you to get your life back on track or keep a check on how busy you get. No matter how busy you get, you shouldn’t let your life and plans glide off your hands.

If you do, you might just awaken to the awareness that you’ve been standing at the same position for months; everything around has changed except you. You discover that friends and loved ones have moved on, new ministers have been appointed in your State, babies have been born, some peeps have died, a lot of transformations, just that someone was too busy to notice.

  

And your house also happens to be a victim of the busy-me-syndrome. With a totally new look; the kitchen, the porch, your room and the garden, all have undergone a makeover without your permission.  Slowly and gradually you are becoming a tenant in your house ‘cos the new occupants are strategically creating a niche for themselves within your home with a sign post reading “do not disturb’. The spiders, the rats, the cockroaches, the geckos and the ants have quietly become occupants.

 

The spiders have spun webs so thick that even if you try removing it, your strength won’t be useful, cos you hardly eat something of worth due to your busy schedule. The rats have constructed a channel from the kitchen to the room for easy access and carriage of items. Hidden in your bookshelf are cockroaches. The Geckos come in and go as they like and the ants have made do with the crumbs they can see around. And soon, they’ll begin to take your property out of the house one by one till it gets to you. If you watch and love cartoons like myself I’m pretty sure you will get the picture…..lol.


I’m also guilty of the busy-me-syndrome, sincerely speaking. I’m working on it though and my house isn’t like the picture I just painted above……lol, nah that’s the effect of too much cartoon watching.  

Life can be so busy but it’s up to you and me to clutch the reins in our hands and take charge of the ever-increasing-activities that are contesting for our time. We ought to take regular me times; more like a personal checkup; where we drop the unnecessary and pick the needful. (More on me time coming soon).

My advice is rest, take some time out, and spend time with friends, family and yourself. And please make those calls….you know the calls I’m talking about right. Those calls you have always pushed aside till next time *wink* Do it now.

Balance things up! Don’t wear that body out. You are still very much needed around here.

I do hope this was helpful.

Yspot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)