The bag of faith




When service year was almost over, Tosin, my friend of blessed memory stumbled across a Newspaper where she saw University of Ibadan's admission opportunities for those interested in having a masters degree. That was the beginning of our escapades to the business center somewhere along taki junction in Ogbomoso.


Pause:
*I can't remember if I wanted to bag a masters degree immediately but the door opened before me just at the right time and I grabbed it and walked through it.

*I have learnt that GOD leads you step by step, and there will be lots of things you might miss out on if you are waiting to see the full picture before you move. 

Back to the story...

We submitted our applications successfully and left it to GOD. Months later, we had our POP and I spent some days at Tosin's house somewhere in Ibadan before leaving for home. I was led to leave one of my bags in her house. I remember saying to Tosin jokingly that the bag was a "bag of faith". I was leaving it in her house because I believed I would be back in few months time when I was given an admission to pick it up. I didn't have any sure guarantee I would get the admission, I didn't know anyone but I had to take a step of faith, and leaving the bag behind was a way to show GOD I believed He will answer and bring me back. 

Pause
*Did fear and doubt come knocking? Sure yes! I could hear them asking, are you sure, what if you don't get the admission, bla bla bla but I chose to believe GOD
*The devil will try to drown out your faith with fear, like Abraham stagger not. Keep your faith high

Back to the story...

September passed, October followed suit and November began. My friends had gotten admission and lectures had began but I was yet to receive any message from UI. But I kept telling GOD, remember my bag of faith, remember my monument of trust in you alone. Two weeks into the month, I got a mail mandating me to show up in school within two days for registration or else my admission would be revoked. You should have seen me that evening, laughs. I had not receive any prior mail to that about getting the admission, maybe some people hijacked it but whatever someone greater stepped in and I received the mail. Kia kia, I packed and left for Ibadan the following day so I could get there in time and take what was mine. 

Pause
*Many times, the answers to our prayers are actually released to us but just as it was in the case of Daniel, the devil's representatives try to hijack it. So we fight our knees and raise our flag of faith until we receive and handle our heart desires.

***

GOD always shows up on time! 


Stop doubting and keep your faith intact. My step of faith was to leave a bag in a city, I was not sure I would ever visit again except I was granted an admission, yours might be something different; maybe you have just been interviewed for a job or an admission and GOD has told you it will be yours, your step of faith might just be to wait and not apply for another job or admission. Maybe it might be dropping your proposal at a prestigious organization or just a daily declaration of healing and provision.

...anything is possible to him who believes.

You might be saying, you have taken a step of faith before and nothing happened. The devil enjoys doing things to wear out our faith. But he has been defeated. Don't give up, believe again. Wear faith as a garment, so his wiles will bounce back at him.

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; Romans 4:19-20 


Don't give up, believe again

Yspot!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)