How prayer rescued my friends and I😀

















Hello Fam,

 

How was the month of November?

 

November was awesome, and I am deeply grateful for the gifts and blessings that God sent my way in the month of November.

 

The highlight for me was seeing and meeting up with friends I had not seen in ages; my dear mama Ibeji, and then my FEGO Lang sisters, with whom we had a mini reunion. At the reunion, we were asked to share some fond memories from school. I remembered mine much later, and that’s what I want to share with you all today…lol. I laugh as I recall the whole scene😀.

 

***

Day: I can’t really recall, but I think Saturday or Sunday.

Time: Let's say between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m.

Class: SS2

Location: Senior L’s Corner

 

So here we go…😎


The hostel was kind of empty that night, and I can vividly remember that there was no power supply, so I guess people were outside in different locations gisting. I can’t really recall where most people were, but what was most important was that no one was around to bug or send us, so my friends and I sat down in Senior L’s corner, gisting and laughing in a hushed manner. Suddenly, we heard one of our seniors calling for an SS1 or SS2 girl, and because our hostels were divided into senior and junior hostels, we were technically the juniors of the senior hostels.

 

Anyway, we were seated in the first apartment, and the seniors' voice was coming from the second apartment, so we wouldn’t have sufficient time to quickly dash out of the door in good time, and since the hostel was empty, we were her best bet.

 

People of God, we didn’t respond to her call; we immediately went mute, hoping she would just imagine no one was around. Unfortunately, we had been gisting and laughing, and it was obvious she had heard us because minutes later we heard her approaching where we were. I quickly motioned the person next to me to begin to pray, or else we were going to be severely punished for not responding to her calls. As she drew nearer, my friend began to pray...lol and we were saying Amen in hushed tones, to make it seem like it was all real. She stood for a while in front of Senior L’s corner and then said, "All of you should come to my corner once you are done praying.". Hahahhaaa😃

 

 

When we were done praying, we all went to see her, and her first question was, "Were you guys really praying?" With innocent voices, we said ‘Yes"…lol 😃 tal o fe te? (Who wants to be punished?)

 

I doubt she was convinced, but that’s how prayer saved the day. It could have been disastrous if she had seen all 6–7 of us in that corner that day😃.

 

 ***

So, as you enter December, consider this a gentle reminder to pray (not like ours😃) because prayer can rescue you from that situation that seems so overwhelming. God is always listening and always ready to answer our prayers.

 

 

I am reminded of the song by Min T-Spirt:

 

Adua ke o, me’na chadua ke o: (It’s only prayers, let us pray always)

 

Adua cho’ko, Ka du be bili juja o (Prayer is the strategy that we fight the devil with.)

 

Chadua ke o, me’na chadua ke o (It’s only pravers, make sure you pray always)

 

Adua ke o, me’na chadua ke o: (It’s only prayers, let us pray always)

 

 

Have a beautiful month of December. Let's make it count👍.

 

Yspot!

 

 

 

 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)