September 2 Remember: Its Feyzo! on Yspot!!

Feyzo is in the house!!! Come on; give her a roaring ovation as she steps in.

  
I heard the name Feyzo before meeting the sweet young lady with the name. We didn’t get to talk much until this year. I must say she is a down to earth person.

Funny enough despite the fact that she is madly in love with fashion,  she doesn’t use jewelries and usually has on a light touch of make-up…. Amazing right? That doesn’t change the fact that she is a beauty within and without. Well, you have the opportunity of meeting her today.

So join me to welcome Feyzo!!!!  Good to have you here on yspot!.  I call her feyso (with a Yoruba accent…lol). Sounds sweeter that way *wink*.

Loll Thank you Yspot!

Feel at home dear…..so can we meet the CEO of Feyzo! make-up.

I’m Feyisayo Ogundipe, though a graduate of sociology, Bowen University, my ultimate passion is fashion.  Make up art is just one of the ways I express that passion. I believe clothes, shoes, make up etc. are just accessories for the real person; you and I.  I get a buzz of excitement when I hold my brush poised over a person's face. It gives me great joy when I do a face over and the client gushes over her look or his look. I also retail fashion items such as clothes, shoes and jewelry.  I am also a fashion stylist and have worked as a costumer on some MNET production sets. And if I must add, I happen to be the last of 6 children.

The last of 6, that’s a similarity we share there you know. How did Feyzo! begin? I like that name Feyzo, my version though; it has a magical touch to it.

I have always loved fine arts and beautiful things and always did sell something or the other as a teenager.  I do recall the first eyebrow I shapened, it was done with a shaving stick lol….*wink*.

OMG. *laffing* A shaving stick?….chimooooo what a way to improvise…..

*Laffing* When I think back, I wonder how I managed that.

I can't help but wonder too *Smiling* Ok back to what you were telling us. You were saying, how Feyzo! began.

Yeah! I spent about four years at home trying get admitted into the university and it was at that moment I realized Make Up Artistry was the ART I wanted to do. I did a lot of freebies while in University.  I did make up for friends, for dinners and school events. Back then I shapen eyebrows for N50; I recall the many times I used my last N40 to buy a packet of blade and would shapen eyebrows with all the 12 pieces in a packet…..good times!!! *nostalgic*.

Wow!!! So what’s your motivation?

For me it’s more like WHO more than WHAT. I had people who believed that a person can be anything they desire once they set their minds to it. I believed them and did just that. I am also continuously inspired and motivated by IMAN; an African woman who has become a brand that is truly a fashion staple.

My current motivation is this,' that in a few years, every African household will own at least an apparel from Feyzo! Clothiers and every make-up artist will own a Feyzo! Make up Artistry tool.'

Yes oh!!! That's the spirit sister.....*wink*. Alright can you tell us your idea of what a good make-up should look like or rather what strikes you as a good make up?

A good make up is one that accentuates and compliments the wearer's features. One that does good for the wearer.

Ooohkk so at what point do you consider an individual fashion fit?

You are fashion fit when you are quite comfortable and confident about what you see of yourself in the mirror.

Really!!!  I guess that's for people who have a good dress sense. Well in a world where fashion and makeup is the in thing, how do you create a niche for yourself, in other words what makes Feyzo! stand out?

I am a creative person and I constantly find ways to do things differently. One of my current projects is to create make up solutions; tools and equipment to make the job easier.

I'm looking forward to those make up solutions dear. You know, most times I'm intrigued by color combinations and blend that seat so well. How do you come about these amazing combinations like the ones I've seen you do?
 


Colors relate to each other in unique ways. It’s either complimenting each other or neutralizing each other.

Understand which does what for what and work in synch. Remember
...less is more.

What advice do you have for upcoming make up artists?

Well, this is not just for makeup artists but anyone who has a dream. Remember you are unique in your own way and you have got to love what you do to be successful. Be ready and willing to do things for free.

What are the challenges or limitations you encountered whilst climbing the ladder to actualize and make practical your passion?

At the time I began, people weren't so receptive to the art. But consistency and combining my work with my passion has helped me all the way.

Do you have any upcoming events; you would like our viewers to keep in mind?


The 2nd edition of our mobile make academy in Ibadan/Lagos (2nd week in October).

Subsequent training's in Lagos (November) and Ghana and Inmate’s empowerment Project (a growing desire in me to eradicate poverty and empower the less privileged. Technicians hardly ever have to present a CV to get jobs. Make up Art is a technical skill that can earn men and women alike an income).


 
**************************************************************************
Thanks Feyzo!. It's been great having you here. If you would like to contact Feyzo!, her details are below.

Contacts: www.feyzosignatures.com.ng, 
feyzocream@gmail.com, 08094200902, no2, Olumuyiwa close, off Barbington Ashaye, Omole phase 1, Lagos.

*********************************************************************
Up Next is TOMMY TUSH






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)