Places of interest around the world...

The Amazing Olumirin Waterfall
Image

Erin Ijesha (Olumirin Waterfall) situated in Osun state is one of the wonders God has endowed the human race with. The last time I was there I stood in total awe as I gazed at the waterfall located at the second floor (imagine waterfalls with floors) trying to see its source, looking up and seeing the speed and the freedom with which the water rushed down made me marvel some more. I couldn’t see the source from where I stood but what I saw can’t be described in words. You have to see it yourself. 

Amazingly, when you arrive at the falls, it doesn’t look like anything out of this world until you begin climbing the seven levels of the ascending plains of the waterfalls.
The view at all the levels is wonderful and the freshness of the water is energizing but wait until you reach the last and seventh level as a torturous climber which is the most intriguing.
For most tourists and fun seekers, climbing up to the third level can best be equated to traipsing the snowy steeply mount Everest. For me this was where I encountered the most challenge. I had to battle with the fear of not looking back. The funny thing is, once you are on the third floor, going back or trying to go back is not an option. You will wish you didn’t start the climb up in the first place. The only thing you can do is to cry and keep forging ahead. For me it was an adventure filled with fun-coated- trepidation.

Obviously, being at these different levels and just basking in the invigorating freshness of the falls is an unforgettable experience. The second floor though captivating is one of the scenes not to be missed but I heard the best place to be is the seventh level. Why? Not only does it lie at the peak of the falls, but also hosts a settlement where many of its inhabitants have lived for several years. For me and my cohort, we lost our way to the seventh floor so we had to end the adventure on the sixth floor which was ok back then but I look forward to visiting again and heading straight for the seventh floor. I really want to have a look at the settlements and the villagers on the seventh floor……kind of reminds me of the cartoon Jungle book.

It wouldn’t be enough to just read this piece; you need to schedule a vacation and visit Erin-Ijesha. After the visit you might feel some aches as a result of the monkey climbing movement along the different layers but I tell you whenever doubt arises in your heart about God and what He can  do, a think back will help knock out those thoughts.
Yspot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moments with Grace 12 - Be sober and vigilant!

God did it

Style and Fashion we have Anita Andrew-Giwa (DIVA)